Thornbridge news and updates
The Great Taste Awards
The Official Beer of SWFC
Date: 9th September 2017
We are delighted to announce our partnership with Sheffield Wednesday Football Club and have created their official beer!
It will be available on cask at the stadium for all home matches and also coming soon in bottles.
The Wednesday is is a light, citrusy, and easy-drinking pale ale.
Click here for more information on how our collaboration came about
Cask badges for the beer are available to buy in the online shop here
We are looking for a new Brewery Operative
Date: 4th September 2017
Ever wanted to work in a brewery?
Brewery Operative Required
Due to the expansion of Thornbridge brewery, a full time vacancy has arisen for a Brewery Operative. The job will involve assisting the brewing team and mainly involve cask cleaning/filling and working on the bottling line. The job requires a high degree of manual handling and therefore the successful applicant must be fit and capable of handling relatively heavy loads. A passion for craft beer and a can-do attitude would certainly be advantageous. The usual hours of work will be between 8am-5pm, Monday to Friday.
This is an entry level position and therefore the salary is the national minimum wage. However, there is room for relatively swift progression within the brewing team if the candidate shows potential and aptitude for the job. This role would also suit someone interested in beginning a career in brewing and in this instance a scientific or brewing background would be beneficial but this is certainly not a requirement, as full training will be provided on the job.
If you are interested in this role, please contact Rob@thornbridge.co.uk
International Beer Challenge
JAIPUR X- £27.50 PER CASE ONLINE!
Date: 23rd August 2017
This special beer was originally brewed to celebrate the 10th anniversary of our flagship IPA, Jaipur, on the 7th of June 2015.
The 2017 brew of Jaipur X is as hoppy as ever, packed with 15 grams per litre of American hops. It is bursting with delicious citrus fruit flavours and is a treat for the palate.
Always unfiltered and this time unfined, Jaipur X is a beer best enjoyed as fresh as possible.*
We are selling this amazing beer at a special Online Shop price of £27.50 per case, grab some while you can!
Visit thornbridgebrewery.co.uk to grab some for yourself.
Date: 7th August 2017
We are feeling just peachy here at Thornbridge this week as we release the bottled version of our Peach IPA, Melba! It was such a hit in our Year of Beer calendar that we decided to bottle it.
This beer is full of moreish peach flavours and aromas complemented fantastically by fruity Mosaic & Citra hops, perfect beer for a beery summers day (if we have anymore!)
Melba is available now from our Online Shop at: http://www.thornbridgebrewery.co.uk/shop.php
Join the Thornbridge Sales Team!
Date: 3rd August 2017
We are looking for a new member of staff to join the sales team here at Thornbridge Brewery!
The successful person will make outbound calls to existing Thornbridge customers as well as having the opportunity to help continue the brewery’s growth by building relationships with new customers within the beer industry.
Computer literacy and administrative abilities are required for this role as well as excellent communication skills. Salary will be dependent on the candidate’s experience. The working hours will be 40 per week within normal office hours.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply
Great Taste Awards
Date: 1st August 2017
We are absolutely delighted to announce that Huck & Cocoa Wonderland have both been crowned winners of 3 Gold Stars at The Great Taste Awards 2017!
Our DIPA & Chocolate Porter both respectively took home the competitions highest honour with Jaipur & Lukas also bagging 1 Gold Star a piece.
Check out the full list of winners at https://greattasteawards.co.uk/2017-winners/
Peakender 2017- Beer, Beer Beer
Date: 24th July 2017
Check out The Peakender 2017 website for a sneak-peek of some of the beer you can expect to see next month!
As well as a huge range of Thornbridge beer, there will be heaps of great beer to choose from some of the finest breweries around including:
Magic Rock Brewing, Tiny Rebel Brewing Co. Hawkshead Brewery, Beavertown Brewery, Siren Craft Brew, Hitachino Nest Beer , Cloudwater Brew Co, Lost and Grounded Brewers, Fyne Ales & The Brooklyn Brewery, Firestone Walker Brewing Co. & Wild Beer Co.
We will also have a very limited edition Peakender collaboration with North Brew Co on the taps and the release of our Beer of the Month for August, Pineapple Sour, Abacaxi!
More info at http://www.peakender.co.uk/the-beers/
We are looking for a Director of Sales & Marketing to Join the Thornbridge Team!
Date: 17th July 2017
Company: Thornbridge Brewery
Job Title: Director of Sales & Marketing
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
Salary: Competitive package
- Produce and continually develop a detailed sales and marketing plan for the brewery’s products
- Create a sales strategy for the brewery in line with the company’s vision
- Produce and regularly review sales forecasts, working closely with the brewing and logistics teams
- Lead the planning and delivery of sales and promotional events
- Develop strong relationships with key customers
- Analyse customer demographics and market trends in this fast changing market
- Keep up to date with competitor activity in order to identify new sales opportunities
- Present sales reports to the Board on a monthly basis
- Lead the process for the design and distribution of marketing materials
- Lead, manage and develop the sales and marketing teams and take responsibility for recruitment, training and performance appraisal
The right person
- Significant experience in senior roles in sales and marketing, ideally within the brewing segment of the food and beverage sector
- Strong team leadership and management skills, with the ability to inspire and motivate staff
- Very high level written and communication skills
- Public speaking skills
- Very personable and capable of persuading people
- An innovative and creative person
- A high level of IT and report preparation skills, specifically Excel
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to shape the success of the business, be an ambassador for the company and uphold its cultural principles.